Flavonoids in lemon juice provide an amazing antioxidant and cancer-fighting potential. They prevent hypertension, diabetes, indigestion, fever, constipation, and various other ailments. Lemon juice strengthens hair structure, skin complexion, and teeth.
Studies by the American Urological Association have shown that lemonade / lemon juice creates urinary citrate which has the ability to prevent the formation of crystals, and thus ease the elimination of kidney stones.
8 Health issues you should treat with lemon juice rather than pills
1. Weight loss Latest research summaries show that lemon juice protects our health in several ways. Pectin, a fiber, stimulates a healthy weight-loss process.
2. Skin problems Antioxidants in lemon juice smoothen wrinkles, remove age spots, blemishes and scars. These also purify blood, and provide a healthy and radiant skin complexion.
3. Detoxification The combination of lemon juice and water acts as a potent detoxifier. It is great for different cleanses and body flushes, detoxification processes, renewals, fasts, and other the like.
4. Regular bowel movement Pectin in lemons also enhances bowel movement and cleans the colon. Use it as a mighty anti-bacterial tool.
5. pH balance Drink a glass of warm lemon water in the morning to obtain a slightly alkaline pH value. Lemons may be referred to as acidic, but they create an alkaline environment in the body.
6. Digestive problems Lemon juice stimulates the production of bile, and thus enhances digestion.
7. Bacteria overgrowth Due to its anti-bacterial properties, lemon juice prevents bacteria overgrowth and multiplication.
8. Inflammation and pain Lemon juice relieves joint pain and inflammation, and it is especially beneficial for the knees. It dilutes uric acid buildups, and is considered to be of great help for elderly.