People use Vicks VapoRub against headaches, cold, cough, congested nose, chest and throat staidness. Yet, Vicks VapoRub can do much more than only this.
Vicks VapoRub has been used for many years and is known as one of the most widely used decongestants. Nowadays there are many popular and unusual ways to use this balm. Vicks is a hypothetical treatment for so much more than just a congested chest.
We give you 20 brilliant uses of Vicks, and we bet you will be amazed with each of them.
1. Sinus headaches Smear some of the ointment under your nose and breathe deeply. Vicks contains menthol, and it is the best ingredient to soothe your headache.
2. Mosquito repellent If you want to keep mosquitoes away, apply a little bit of Vaseline on your clothing and skin.
3. Against Acne Vicks is also able to help you with some skin problems. Apply it on acne several times a day and they will soon disappear.
4. Keep Insects Away Just rub some Vicks behind the ears, on your neck, elbows and inner knees. Also if you want to protect your food from flies when you go on a picnic open the Vicks container. This trick is eco-friendly as well.
5. No More Bruises Your fresh bruise will disappear quickly if you apply a pinch of salt combined with Vicks VapoRub on the affected area.
6. Soothe sore muscles Massage your aching muscles with the minty ointment. Wrap the muscle with a warm and dry towel. Relax and lift the aching limb until your pain is gone. Repeat this three times a day.
7. Hydrate your skin Vicks VapoRub is great help against dry skin, just rub Vicks VapoRub on your skin and you will see the positive results.
8. Tennis Elbow Put Vicks and the menthol and camphor will ease the pain from tennis elbow. Rub constantly until the pain stops.
9. Treat Cracked Heels Rub a little bit of Vicks on your feet and heels, and put on your socks. Wash you feed with warm water the next morning. Use pumice stone to remove the softened skin. Repeat this daily if you want to keep your feet healthy and smooth.
10. Fingernail or Toenail Fungus Put some Vicks on the infected toenail or fingernail twice in one day and put on your socks. Do not forget to slim your nails until you totally remove the infected part.
11. Relieve Congestion Symptoms and Cough To do this, apply Vicks on your throat and chest.
12. Prevent Your Cat’s Scratching If you want to stop your cat’s scratching, rub some Vicks to your windows, walls, and doors.
13. Fast Healing of Cuts and Splinters Apply Vicks on any splinter or cuts to increase the time of healing and prevent infection.
14. Reek-free Racehorses This one is quite interesting, but professional racers apply the ointment under the nostril of their racehorses on the day of the race. In this way horses are not attracted to the smell of female ponies, and focus on the race instead.
15. Stretch marks Reduce the appearance of unattractive stretch marks by applying Vicks on the affected area. You should see some improvement within 2 weeks of regular use.
16. Control your pet’s peeing To prevent your pet from wetting around the house just put several open bottles of Vicks to your pet’s “favorite” areas in the house.
17. Eczema-free Apply Vicks to reduce the inflammation and itchiness caused by eczema.
18. Relieve Terrible Ear Pain After you apply some Vicks on a cotton ball, put it in the painful ear. The pain will be alleviated almost instantly.
19. Athlete’s Feet If you want to heal athlete’s feet, apply Vicks twice daily.
20. Remove Warts Put on Vicks twice a day and cover it with gauze. You will notice results in just a few days. Do this for about two weeks, until the wart completely disappears.